For all BMI claims, the client has 180 days from the date of service to submit their claim form and supporting documents.
For care within the US, BMI uses the Aetna network. (Consult their Directory of Health Care Professionals here.) They also offer freedom of choice for their international clients, which means you can seek care at any healthcare facility and be reimbursed for your expenses after the fact. It also has a network of care providers throughout Latin America and the Caribbean, which you can consult here.
There are multiple ways to submit your claims for BMI but each way requires the documents below to be provided as well. If anything is missing it will cause a delay in receiving your reimbursement. BMI reserves the right to request additional information depending on their medical team's evaluation of your claims.
INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- HIPAA Release (applies for services provided in USA).
- Invoices must include the patient name, invoice number, provider information and description of service. (A notification will be sent out if an original invoice or receipt is required for an electronically submitted claim.) All invoices and receipts must be original if the claim is submitted by mail.
- Medical Records from initial date of treatment and/or diagnosis, if first time claiming for this condition.
INCLUDE ALL INVOICES AND RECEIPTS
- All original itemized invoices.
- Paid receipts/proof of payment.
ENCLOSE COPIES OF ALL DIAGNOSTIC REPORTS
- Medical Records.
- Physicians summary.
- Results of all Diagnostic and Lab Tests.
- Prescriptions for Medications.
- Police Report required in case of Automobile Accident.
At the time of writing, BMI does not offer pre-approval for treatment through its website, but it does offer a straightforward way for policyholders to submit claims for reimbursement. Simply navigate to this website and follow the steps to fill submit your claim and all supportive documents.
SUBMIT CLAIMS BY EMAIL
If you are submitting a claim over email you will need to submit a completed claim form with your documents (attached at the end of this article). Send the claim and all supporting documents to email@example.com
SUBMITTING PAPER CLAIMS
If the claim is submitted by mail, all documents should be sent to BMI´s Headquarters:
BMI Services, Inc.
8950 SW 74th Court
Miami, Florida 33156
Please sign in to leave a comment.