GeoBlue - Filing Claims
Filing claims with GeoBlue is fairly direct, and the easy-to-use client portal has all the claim instructions. You will need to register your account in order to start. Please contact your broker if you need assistance.
You can also download the GeoBlue app to your device to file an e-claim.
Another option for submitting your claims is to fill out the claim form (available as an attachment to this article to download) and email it to GeoBlue: firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional details for filing your claims are below.
If you need a direct-payment arrangement made with the provider, call GeoBlue directly:
- Outside the US: +1-610-254-5830
- Toll-Free Within the U.S: 1-888-412-6403
How to File a Claim
The following steps will assist GeoBlue in promptly processing your claim. Submitting an incomplete form will result in delays in the payment of your Claim.
If you did not contact GeoBlue at the time of your medical issue to arrange for direct billing and you paid for your medical expenses directly, you will need to complete the claim form and provide your support documentation in order to receive reimbursement.
Please read the following instructions about how to report health care services.
- Complete the claim form in full, answering all the questions, even if the answer is "none" or "N/A".
- Submit the provider's itemized bill for the expenses you incurred.
- If at all possible, ask for the medical bill in English. If that is not possible, the bill in its original language can be submitted and GeoBlue will translate it. Each provider’s original itemized bill should contain the following information:
- The name of the patient receiving the service
- The date of each service
- The date of onset of symptoms
- A description of each service
- The charge for each service
Once you have the completed claim form, itemized bills, and all other supporting documentation, submit the claims to: email@example.com.
Be sure to keep photocopies of all bills and supporting documentation until your claim has been processed. All claims have a six (6) month period from the date of the incurred expense to be filed. Anything submitted past the six (6) month period will be denied.
GeoBlue follows strict HIPPA privacy laws, therefore our agency is not able to inquire about any claims unless a HIPPA release form is submitted.